So as of last night I have diarrhea... hich feels like someone took a ton of acid and splashed it on my butt. Mom suspects it's because of the weird salad I had yesterday which apparently had spices in it... so contaminated food + spices = a world of intestinal and anal pain. The sad thing is, that salad made me remember that there is one peanut product I don't mind: peanut sauce. When used with the proper food, of course.
Meanwhile, I've been condemned to stay indoors (which I don't mind), make trips to the bathroom every couple of hours (which I do mind because the bathroom here doesn't have air conditioning... I sweat whenever I go there), and eat rice porridge, which I'm already sick of. But I don't really have much of an appetite right now cause of the... yeah. Oh and I threw up about 3 times last night. Haven't done that in a while.
--
More Umineko ramblings.
So I got to the end of the current translation, which I guess is a good stopping point for now.
- The timeline's getting kind of confusing cause the story keeps jumping around a lot. We've been going between the metaworld in 1986 where Battler and Beato are duking it out again (now with Ange's, or should I say "Gretel's" presence), the 1998 future where Ange is running around investigating, the future in between 1986 and 1998 where Ange is still attending school, and the past prior to 1986 which delves further into Maria and Rosa's relationship prior to Rokkenjima.
- So basically, Ange from post 1986 is able to converse with Maria from pre 1986 via Maria's diary. As in, we actually see Maria from pre 1986 talking about Ange even though they haven't actually met in person. So even though Ange is actually 3 years younger than Maria, we see big Ange talking to little Maria. So, heavy implication that magic does exist from this... but this doesn't prove that Beatrice is actually killing people on Rokkenjima with magic. Ange herself doesn't believe that Beatrice is the real culprit.
- Rosa is a horrible mom. Well, kinda already knew that from ep 2, but she really goes way off the deep end here. First she goes on vacations with her boyfriend, lying to Maria about work and leaving her to fend for the house on her own, and then when a social welfare worker finds out and confronts Rosa about this, Rosa goes on a rampage and rips up Maria's toys in front of her, blaming Maria for making her life miserable. Bad times.
- Maria becomes the witch of Origins sometime before 1986 via Beatrice (previous episodes implied that they'd met in the past), where her power is to create things from nothing. Such as create souls to reside in her stuffed animals from nothing. Weird.
- Ange learns to use magic thanks to Maria, going so far as to summon the seven stakes that we saw Beatrice summon to kill everyone off in episode 2, but finds out later that she is unable to use them to kill like Beatrice did because she is not willing to dirty her own hands herself. And yeah, Ange tries to order them to kill the girls torturing her at her school, and then when she finds out that is not possible, decides to deny magic and witches altogether, which really makes Maria mad.
- but, sometime during 1998 Maria and Ange make up and Ange learns to resummon the stakes again. Although no idea about what's going to happen from here.
- According to Lambdadelta, Berkenstel actually lied to Ange about the consequences of defeating Beatrice. yes, Battler and co. will return to Ange... but to the Ange of 1986. The Ange we're seeing is from the future, and so once the game ends, she will disappear. Then Lambda uses this to try and strike a deal with Ange, to get her to make Battler and Beatrice's game become an eternal stalemate - since at least, then the current Ange would get to be with Battler for eternity. But we don't know Ange's decision on this yet.
hmm. I really need to get better soon. -_-
I'll be praying for your health. I'm going to New Orleans in like 2 days! Please be praying for me too!
ReplyDelete