Monday, April 27, 2009

I neglected to mention that I felt perfectly fine after Engineering Prayer (yes I went) today. Even though Tim and Charley weren't there, it was great to still be able to talk with Tom. Even though I didn't directly address my issues, just the presence there... made me feel better. I don't entirely understand it myself. I feel like God works best through my interactions with my friends rather than solely through my personal interaction with him. I have to keep reminding myself not to turn a blind eye to him...

Hah, I'm probably not going to sleep am I. As much as I was complaining about it this semester.

And as I sat there at the bench at the corner, I apologized to Harrison. For always feeling a grudge towards him since then, for always feeling superior in a way... is this the reason we haven't talked in so long? I still don't know what to talk about with him anymore. I'm afraid the same might happen... with a lot of people. Maybe it's time to move on.

because we can't appreciate the other. Maybe we're sick of the other.

Simon was murdered because he saw the Lord of the Flies and got mistaken for a monster himself.
Piggy got crushed by a falling boulder and splattered into pieces at the bottom of a cliff.
Ralph cried when he finally made contact with civilization, at the cost of the those two's lives and the fallen humanity of the boys standing behind him.

I need to reread Sound and the Fury. I miss Caddie.

I realize in a way, the shadows that show up in Persona 4 aren't really... fleshed out to my liking. The concept they represent of the dark secrets of a person's psyche is interesting, but in some ways it feels too scripted to me, too... undeveloped. Especially the first couple of them. The shadows in Persona 2 struck me as more accurate and relevant since we already knew the characters they represented better, but yeah. And Nyarlahotep was such an awesome villain. Although Adachi made a pretty good villain for a murder mystery related to Persona.

Do I turn to these simply flawed creations because I can't stand to see the more complex flaws that exist in real life? I prayed for reconciliation within the relationships around me... but I can't face them in the same way that I can criticize the problems I see in the creations I like. I can be more objective because the issues at hand are less personal.

I realize I like Adachi as a villain a lot. I wish I could see more villains like him. Miang was good. Kerrigan was good. Nyarlathotep was good. SHODAN was good. Ravel and the Transcendent One were good. Delita was good. Lavos was good for a parasite that only made loud screechy noises. (on that note, Dalton's hilarious.) Gant was good for what he was. Kefka was fun. Purple Tentacle was AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment